Tecma was the prime consultant for this $37.6 million project.
- Improvement consisted of: replacement of EN ramp bridge (Eastbound I-290 to Northbound I-90/94) on new alignment; roadway reconstruction and widening; extensive drainage improvements; lighting and ITS improvements.
- Construction challenges included:
- Extensive coordination with abutting contracts in limited space
- Staging coordination with other ongoing projects
- Maintaining and coordinating with other contracts to maintain operation of lighting and ITS facilities
- Monitoring for possible soil movement on retention systems adjacent to existing businesses and main pump station for the JBI Interchange
- Coordination with the CTA for removal of building at bus turn-around located at Harrison and DesPlaines Street