IDOT Contract 60W29
Tecma was the prime consultant on this $29.2 million project
- Project consisted of:
- Replacement, widening and lengthening of Peoria Street Bridge over I-290 and CTA Blue line utilizing precast deck panels with ultra-high performance concrete, and latex overlay for FHWA accelerated bridge construction.
- Retaining wall construction
- Installation of siphon and related drainage work
- CTA Station rehabilitation including adding elevator to station.
- Project Challenges
- Extensive coordination with CTA, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago Department of Water Management, and FHWA
- Extremely poor soil conditions that included squeezing soils and many cobbled layers exuding water.
- Extensive staging coordination with adjacent contracts which included roadway and track closure coordination