Tecma Associates, Inc., together with its JOINT VENTURE partner, Omega & Associates, provided Phase III Engineering Services for this $50 Million Project
- Project consisted of:
- Reconstruction of over 250 bridge joint systems, full depth concrete patching,
- Reconstruction of 12” PCC jointed ramp pavement
- Removal and replacement of concrete barrier wall, and the hydro-scarification and micro-silica concrete overlay of over 200,000 Square Yards of bridge deck pavement.
- Installation of over 360,000 pounds of rebar
- Installation of micro-loop vehicle detectors for traffic surveillance, electrical work, drainage work, pavement marking
- Project challenges:
- Over 100 bridge deck concrete pours.
- Construction Staging Maintenance of Traffic for this project was very complex due to the number of Ramps (I-290, I-55, Dan Ryan Express and Local Ramps) and Collector / Distributor Roads (Roosevelt Road, Cermak Road, 31st Street) located within the project limits, and due to coordination issues with other Dan Ryan Contracts
TECMA RECEIVED A RATING OF EXCELLENT FROM IDOT FOR THESE CONTRACTS.TECMA WAS NOMINATED FOR THE STATEWIDE AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL PHASE III CONSULTING ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THESE CONTRACTS