Tecma was the prime consultant for this $33.5 million project.
- The project consisted of:
- Construction of Westbound I-290 auxiliary lanes from the NW flyover ramp to Racine Avenue.
- Construction of 3 new retaining walls.
- Construction of deep 78” sewer installation.
- Construction of noise wall, lighting, ITS and watermain installation.
- Extensive challenges included:
- Installation of retaining walls and deep sewer in very poor soil conditions in close proximity to existing buildings
- Extensive coordination with adjacent contracts, CTA, Chicago Department of Water Management, and the University of Illinois Chicago.