Tecma is excited to welcome Mr. Michael Copp on board! Mr. Copp will serve as a Senior Engineer in the Springfield Branch office.Mr. Copp joins Tecma having 35 years of experience with the Illinois Department of Transportation. Mr. Copp began his career with IDOT working in the Central Bureau of Bridges and Structures preparing design plans, TSL plans and reviewing bridge condition reports. Thereafter, Mr. Copp moved to the Central Bureau of Construction handling Prime Contractor Prequalification, Subcontractor Registration, subcontractor approval process, and assisted with DBE certification for the department. Mr. Copp’s most recent role as a District One Project Review Engineer, in the Central Bureau of Construction, consisted of the following:
- Providing technical guidance;
- Investigating and recommending solutions for the settlement of contract claims;
- Interpreting contract requirements uniformly throughout the state;
- Investigating and recommending action on requests for contract changes and extension of time;
- Recommending solutions to construction problems encountered by the districts; and
- Providing up-to-date construction policies, and training of construction personnel.
Mr. Copp was very instrumental in the implementation of the Department’s new Construction Management and Materials System (CMMS), including the most recent migration of BCM (financial – pay estimate) into the new CMMS system. Tecma is happy to have Mr. Copp be part of the team!